Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » American Wars » Vietnam War

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Andrada, Thiophilos, Lt. Col., Air Force
 Post Posted: November 16th, 2008, 7:16 pm 

Thiophilos "Ted" Andrada is my father and my hero. When our family was stationed in Okinowa my father flew in and out of Vietnam every month. We lived on Okinowa in 1969 and 1970. My father is an engineer and had been working with NASA and the Air Force at Langley AFB in Virginia before his assignment in Vietnam. He lost some very good friends and dedicated service men during this tour of duty in Vietnam. My father was a different person after Vietnam and I don't think I will ever know the extent to which he struggled with that difficult time in his military career. I felt it was very brave of my father to request a 2 year tour of duty in Vietnam, this allowed our family to stay together during that time; rather than a 1 year tour of duty. Ted continued his service in the Air Force and retired in 1984 after 28 years of service. Ted lives in Beverly MA with his wife, Jackie, of 55 years. His 2 sons also live in MA along with 3 grandchildren. Ted's daughter lives in Virginia with another grandchild. He and Jackie love to spend time in FL in the winter and golf.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » American Wars » Vietnam War